Thursday, August 26, 2010

Papercraft Star Challenge #10

Hey Everyone! Well, i I have almost made it through my first week back at school! It's been a busy week! But enjoyable! This week at Papercraft Star, we have a simple card sketch that I absolutely love! It's definitely one that you could use again if you needed a card in a hurry! Let me share with you the actual sketch!
See! It's sooo simple! So I hope you play along this week! Here is my card!

For this challenge, I made my own card! If you don't have a scorer, it's ok!
First cut the paper to fit the dimension of the card you want to create, for this card, I cut the paper to 10 in 5in.  Find a mechanical pencil, place your paper so the length is 10 in then find 5 inches on the ruler that pops out on the side! From there... Take your mechanical pencil (with NO lead showing) score the paper down the center where the blade would go. And there you have it... your own scorer, and 5x5 card! I inked the edges, and layered the vertical strip of paper with some inexpensive satin ribbon from Michaels! Hope to see your card linked this week at Papercraft Star! 

Supplies used:
Pattern Paper: My Mind's Eye: Be Loved
Ribbon: from Michaels
Stamp: Hero Arts
Layered flowers: both are Prima
Pearl Accent: Kaisercraft
Cardstock: Bazzill 

6 comments:

  1. Catherine, I love, love this patterned paper. The colors are great. What a cute card!

    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE My Mind's Eye Paper! Great card Catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors and paper, cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Catherine! I love the patterned paper you choose for this challenge and how you interpreted the sketch! Glad you made it through the first week of school too! Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the MME papers you used! so pretty! thanks for sharing :)! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the patterned paper you used, the card turned out great!

    ReplyDelete