Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Guest Designer at Papercraft Star for Challenge #33

Happy Wednesday!
I am so excited to be joining the ladies at Papercraft Star again! I am so honored to be asked to come back this week! I really enjoyed working with the people there and hope one day to do it again!

For challenge #33, Liz Chidester has a super cute card sketch incoporating a tag! I just knew I wanted to use my Crate Paper "Recollection" kit! These vintage papers are fabulous! And the colors are a great transition into spring! I must tell you that my craft ribbon came from none other than TARGET! That's right! There gift wrapping section has excellent craft products and I came across this craft ribbon and they also had it in pink! Of course, I got both!

With no further delay, here is the sketch!

Here is my interpretation!

There is something about those papers that is so charming and almost country like... Ijust love it!

Materials Used:
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper
Die Cut: Crate Paper
Cardstock: Bazzill
Craft Ribbon: from Target
Stamped Image: I threw away the packaging... I can't remember who made it... I am bummed
Pearls: Recollections from Michaels

I distressed everything with my pink Heidi Swapp distresser and inked everything with my "Brown" Color Box ink!

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Enjoy,
Catherine 

8 comments:

  1. YAY!! Hi Catherine! I was excited to see you as the GD at PCS today! What a great card! I love the floral paper and the way you "twisted" everything! I agree it does have a country like feel! Great work!
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flowers and the raffia you used! Great job with the sketch and thanks for guest designing for us at PCS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the country feel of the beautiful paper that you used. Adorable design. And soooo glad to have you guest designing with PCS this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catherine - I never think of raffia for a card, but it sure gives it that "hay barn" kinda feel, doesn't it. What a lovely treat to have you with us this week ... Thank you sooooo much !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Back Catherine, it's so good to have you!! Adorable card, love the paper and they way you used the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet Catherine! Your papers are just lovely. :-) The raffia is a great addition. Thanks so much for being our GD this week and sharing your lovely card with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catherine, yay! I am so happy to see you again designing this week at Papercraft Star! I love the Crate Papers you've used - they are one of my favorite papers. I love how you've laid out all the elements of your card - such a creative take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo!! Great to see you guest designing! Thank you. You card is beautiful and a great interpretation.

    ReplyDelete