Thursday, June 17, 2010

So Sophie! My Mind's Eye Newest Paper Collection! (plus cute Thank You card)

Besides purchasing one of the newest My Mind's Eye-So Sophie collections for Challenge #3 at Papercraft Star... I also received my newest Scrapbooks, Etc magazine in the mail yesterday! As my husband and I were walking to our mailbox... I told him that my day would be made if I got S.E. or a new Self magazine and what do you know... Scrapbooks, Etc was there!!! As I was flipping through my new magazine, I found a great sketch that I just had to complete then and there! :D I tried to look on their website for the sketch but I can't find it... Just a little bit about my style, I try to fill in most of the page with pictures/embellishments, but this page left a lot of "white space" as other scrappers call it, so I thought this would be the perfect chance to try my skills at leaving "white space"... I had the perfect pictures in mind when I saw this sketch. Here is how it turned out! I think these colors are great for summer! Hope you enjoy!






I still have several scraps left over from this project and Challenge #3... So, I wanted to create a "Thinking of You" card... using a sketch from Card Patterns Blog... check out there website for some excellent sketches and prize opportunities, too...



And for the last thing on this post... I really cute Thank You card! The patterned paper is K&C Company, the yellow card stock is Core'dinations and the Pink is Bazzill. I used my Sizzix Texture Boutique to emboss, but the folder I used is Cuttlebug... The yellow ribbon came from the "bargain area" at Archivers... I honestly don't remember the brand of the "Thank you" stamp that I used... Oh and last but not least, I cut out a flower from the PP and inked it as well as pop dotted the back to give it dimension, and a yellow Kaisercraft pearl accent!

No comments:

Post a Comment